new Russian amp day! yerasov gta15

What's Hot
allicioallicio Frets: 221
Well I took the plunge and bloody hell I'm glad I did! What an absolutely gorgeous little amp!
The build quality is on par with any other amp ive played or seen. Superbly finished and the tolex is the thickest ive encountered, got a really nice texture to it.
Theres absolutely no hum at all at lower volumes and even when turned up its still negligible.
The sounds slightly thicker than my blues Jr but has a lovely chime to it at lower volumes and goes into a really nice overdrive as you increase the guitar volume. I couldn't go too loud as I only play at home but from what I got to play with it today before I came to work I must say I'm mightily impressed!!
Highly recommended!!photo IMG_20140507_162450.jpg
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LodiousLodious Frets: 1945
    Nice one comrade!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557

I read the short test they did in one of the Guitar mags, I always worry about gushing reports by mags, good to hear that you find it as they describe.

Where did you come across one of those then @allicio?

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Your ass off? Is that how you say it?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9717
    Wasn't somebody in the "Making Music" section after tips for doing a solo for "Crimea River"? This amp would seem perfect accompaniment
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    HNAD, though you'll need to keep a close eye on your borders.
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    http://www.yerasov.com/

http://www.yerasov.co.uk/

The Guitarist quick review (complimentary) is referenced on the latter site.

Do you pronounce it "yerra soff" ?

could GAS for one if not skint!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428

GTA-15 - это модификация популярного лампового комбика GTA-15R, снятого с производства.
    На верхней панели расположены входное гнездо, ручки громкости VOLUME и тембра TONE, а также гнездо линейного входа LINE INPUT, сетевой тумблер и светодиодный индикатор.
    Новая модель обладает рядом преимуществ перед своим предшественником. Наряду с наличием линейного входа в GTA-15 существенно снижены шумы и фон, что особенно заметно при использовании его на небольшой громкости. Сделана очень плавная регулировка громкости, в звуковом тракте применены плёночные конденсаторы WIMA, а в оконечном усилителе вместо отечественных 6П14П-ЕВ стоят подобранные в пары лампы EL84. Включение и выключение питания осуществляется с помощью надёжного и долговечного тумблера французской фирмы APEM. В модели GTA-15J12 применяется 12" динамик Jensen C12R. Цвет кожи (по умолчанию светло-коричневый) можно заказать на выбор в новой категории товаров CUSTOM OPTION. Теперь Вы можете выбрать один из шести цветов кожи к серийному комбо-усилителю.

Simples!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

/\ thanks very helpful!

I found a russki radio in a church hall bring and buy sale years ago, I love the ancient solid state technology, robust case and the fact that it still works decades on!  

• allicioallicio Frets: 221
    I read the reviews in guitarist and it won best amp under a grand in guitar and bass in there gear of the year for 2013. I checked YouTube and saw Brett kingman's demo and thought it sounded ace!
    Hand wired, solid build and a great sound for just over £300 I figured was a no-brainer!Yerasov: GTA-15J 15W Guitar Amp. Demo and review …:
    http://www.yerasov.com/

http://www.yerasov.co.uk/

The Guitarist quick review (complimentary) is referenced on the latter site.

Do you pronounce it "yerra soff" ?

could GAS for one if not skint!
    Just looked at their pedal range, neat connection system on their pedal board, not sure about the signal path through those connectors, but it seems to work.

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    Very nice :D I was sort of interested in these (they do a 40 watt version too) when musicstore stocked them (under the Fame brand), but I chickened out :)) I think the newer version (think that's the newer version you have) might be slightly upgraded, though.
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    ROOG said:

/\ thanks very helpful!

I found a russki radio in a church hall bring and buy sale years ago, I love the ancient solid state technology, robust case and the fact that it still works decades on!  

Russian electronics designers weren't stupid. They could do with 2 discrete transistors what a western engineer would need a whole IC to do.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    The old version was apparently a one to one copy of the fender pro Jr. They altered the circuit and improved the build quality for this version. Its certainly miles better built than the fsr blues jr iii I currently have!
    Ive not owned an amp that responds this well to the guitars volume control before. It really does clean up beautifully!
    Its definitely giggable!
    Just to add
    Paul the chap behind yerasov.co.uk who imports them, is an absolute pleasure to deal with. I'm on 12 hour nights at the moment so it was a bit awkward arranging delivery of mine. He sorted it out bank holiday Monday for me so that it shipped from Tuesday and arrived with me Wednesday. He's got some on order in a different colour scheme if the brown puts people off.
    I like it though, proper old school!!
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    allicio said:

Its definitely giggable!
    You bastard, now I totally want one ;)
    Honestly I can't recommend it enough!
    Paul, the guy I mentioned above gigs his every week and says its absolutely rock solid. No problems at all.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    Never heard of these before, certainly glowing reviews. Very interesting. :)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    Looks cool, shame about the styling (IMO) nasty looking grille cloth and the thick tolex looks like one of those Kustom acoustic amps.

Bet it sounds ace though 
    :)
    Its a metal grill! Haha
    She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts! (Han solo) :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom